Last Updated: November 1, 2014
Company.com Privacy Statement
Company.com is committed to protecting the privacy of all of our clients and the Members who choose to participate in networks hosted on the Social.Company.com platform . This privacy statement applies to the data provided to or gathered by Company.com through use of Social.Company.com services (the “Service” or “Services”); it does not apply to other products and services provided or distributed via Company.com LLC.
A “Social.Company.com Network” is a network comprised of Members using the Services available via the Social.Company.com platform, including any Social.Company.com Basic Network and any Social.Company.com Enterprise Network, Company.com Business Directory, and any use of the Company.com website and ecosystem.
A “Social.Company.com Basic Network” is a Social.Company.com Network that includes only Members using the free Social.Company.com Basic services, which has limited administrative controls.
A “Social.Company.com Enterprise Network” is a Social.Company.com Network that has been upgraded from a Company.com Basic Network by a company or another type of organization (“organization”), which by contract right with Social.Company.com has ownership of the content and the activities contained within that network.
With respect to a Company.com Basic Network, references to “you” or “your” in this privacy statement refer to the individual Members of the Services. With respect to Company.com Enterprise Networks, references to “you” or “your” in this privacy statement refer to the organization that is our customer (except where the context of the reference otherwise provides).
Individual Members of a Social.Company.com Enterprise Network should direct privacy inquiries that are directly related to that network to the organization that provides them access to such Services.
Customer Data is all the data, including all text, audio, software, documents, presentations, or image files that you provide, or are provided on your behalf, to us through your use of the Services but does not include Contact Data, Usage Data or Support Data.
Contact Data includes name, address, phone number, profile information, email address, title, time zone and other contact information that may be collected through administration and use of the Social.Company.com site and Services. Contact Data provided by you as part of your Social.Company.com profile is available to other Members of the Social.Company.com Network in which the profile resides. Subject to your contact preferences, your Contact Data may be made generally available to other Members of Social.Company.com Networks.
Our Social.Company.com platform allows many Members to take part in communicating and sharing within a Social.Company.com Network. For this reason, the Service enables Members to send invitations to others, encouraging them to join the Network. If you choose to provide email addresses or other Contact Data of people inside or outside your organization, we may use that information to enable you and other Members to invite those people to join the appropriate Social.Company.com Network.
In addition, Company.com uses Contact Data to complete the transactions you request, administer your account, improve the Services and detect and prevent fraud.
We may also use Contact Data to contact you to provide information about new subscriptions, billing and important updates about the Services, including information about security or other technical issues. We may also contact you regarding third-party inquiries as described in this privacy statement or your agreement(s). If you are a verified administrator for the Service, you may not be able to unsubscribe from some of these communications.
Subject to your contact preferences, we may also use Contact Data to contact you regarding information and offers about the Service, other products and services or to request your feedback. Subject to your contact preferences, we may also use Contact Data to direct Third Party Offerings (as defined below) to you.
We may use statistical data, analytics, trends and usage information derived from your use of the Social.Company.com Services (“Usage Data”). Usage Data includes, but is not limited to, aggregated quantitative information about active Members, activity, topics, and groups. Some of the ways we use the Usage Data include operating, marketing, improving and personalizing the Services and our offerings, as well as other Company.com products and services. Except to provide reports to you or others in your organization, we do not disclose Usage Data in a way that is identifiable to you or your organization or Members in your Company.com Network.
Support Data is the information collected when a support request is submitted, including information about hardware, software, and other details related to the support incident, such as: contact or authentication information, chat session personalization, information about the condition of the computer and the application when the fault occurred and during diagnostics, system and registry data about software installations and hardware configurations, and error-tracking files.
Support may be provided through phone, e-mail, or online chat. Phone conversations, email or online chat sessions, with support professionals may be recorded and/or monitored. Following a support incident, we may send you a survey about your experience and offerings. You may opt-out of support
We use Support Data solely to provide and enhance the Services offered to you and other Members. To review and edit your personal information collected through our support services, and for any other inquiries regarding our support services, please contact us by using our Web form.
Some business customers may purchase enhanced support offerings. These offerings are covered by their own contract terms and notices.
Cookies Other Information
- We do not share any of your information with advertisers.
- We occasionally contract with other companies to provide services (such as customer support, data management, and technical infrastructure services) on our behalf. We may provide these companies with access to your information where necessary for their engagement. These companies are required by contract to maintain the confidentiality of your information and are prohibited from using it for any purpose other than that for which they are engaged by Company.com.
- We will not disclose your information to third parties (including law enforcement, other government entities, or civil litigants), except as you direct or as we reasonably believe is required by law. Should a third party contact Company.com with a request for your information, we will attempt to redirect the third party to request the data directly from you. As part of that process, we may provide your basic contact information to the third party. If we believe that we are legally compelled to disclose your information to a third party, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to notify you in advance of a disclosure unless that notice is legally prohibited.
- Company.com may share Contact Data with third parties for purposes of fraud prevention or to process payment transactions, as further described in this statement.
- The Services may enable you to purchase, subscribe to, or use services, software, and content from companies other than Company.com ("Third Party Offerings"). If you choose to purchase, subscribe to, or use a Third Party Offering, we may provide the third party with your Contact Data to enable the third party to provide its offering to you and send you promotional communications. The data so provided and your use of a Third Party Offering will be governed by the applicable third party privacy statement(s) and policies.
- We will not substantively respond to data protection and privacy requests relating solely to a Social.Company.com Enterprise Network from its Members without such Network’s prior written consent or agreement, unless required by applicable law.
- Please note that the Services may include links to or allow you to install third-party or other Company.com products and services whose privacy practices may differ from the Services. Your use of such products or services, and any information you provide to a third party, is governed by their privacy statements. We encourage you to review these other privacy statements.
- We may disclose your information as necessary to (a) enforce our agreements with you, (b) respond to claims of third parties, (c) respond to Member service inquiries, or (d) protect the rights, property or safety of Company.com. its Members or the public.
Accessing, Correcting and Deleting Your Information
You may access, correct or delete Customer Data or Contact Data you have provided to us by using the tools within the Services (for example, editing your profile information on the Service) or by contacting support by emailing email@example.com. Changes that you make to your information on the Service take immediate effect on your Social.Company.com Network, but data will be retained in secure storage for a limited period afterward as part of our standard data backup process. As described herein with respect to a Social.Company.com Enterprise Network, the organization that administers such network will control its content and may control your ability to access, correct or delete your Customer Data or Contact Data and any content that your may provide or contribute as a Member of such network.
We have implemented and maintain, in accordance with industry standards, technical and organizational measures, internal controls, and information security routines intended to protect your information against accidental loss, destruction, or alteration; unauthorized disclosure or access; or unlawful destruction.
Your Services data may be transferred to, stored and processed in the United States or any other country where Company.com or its affiliates, subsidiaries or service providers maintain facilities.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
We will occasionally update this privacy statement to reflect customer feedback, changes in our Services, and updates to applicable data privacy laws and regulations. When we post changes to this statement, we will revise the “last updated” date at the top of the statement. If there are material changes to this statement or in how Company.com will use your information, we will notify you by either posting a notice of such changes before they take effect or by direct notification using your Contact Data. We encourage you to periodically review this privacy statement to learn how Company.com is protecting your information. Unless otherwise stated, our then current Privacy Statement applies to all of your information and to your account with us.
How to Contact Us
Company.com welcomes your comments. If you have questions about Company.com's privacy and security commitments, or if you have other technical or other customer support questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org