Company.com is proud to announce the Scholarship for Children of Small Business Owners, a bi-annual award worth $1,250 per semester.
According to national statistics, there are nearly 30 million small businesses in the United States. Together, they make up nearly 50 percent of all companies in the nation. Small business owners are often operating in highly competitive industries, fighting for market share against other companies their size and, often, massive corporations as well. As such, they pour everything they have into their business with their time, attention and money.
As small business owners focus on turning their dream into a profitable reality, other priorities are often set aside. For some, that means not getting their home renovated just yet. For others, it sometimes means not having the resources to pay for as much of their children’s education as they would like.
At Company.com, our mission is to help small businesses thrive by alleviating stress with the variety of services we offer. However, we not only want to help you succeed, but your family as well. Our scholarship was created so children of small business owners can pursue their dreams while their parents do the same.
Fall semester: July 1
Spring semester: November 30
- Be the child of small business owner
- Have a 2.8 GPA
- Be accepted into an accredited post-secondary school
- Submit a copy of your transcript, complete our online application, and submit an essay on one of the topics below
Please complete a 500- to 1,000-word essay on ONE of the following topics:
- What challenges have you faced as the child of a small business owner?
- In what ways has being the child of a small business owner shaped your goals in life?
- In what ways do you believe our society can help support small business owners who are chasing the American Dream?